There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Sanctuary Supported Living
Closing Date: 07/08/22
Senior Care and Support Assistant – Part Time
Avalon Court, Ipswich
£10.47 per hour
30 hours per week – to include early and late shifts between the hours of 7.15am and 10pm, with alternate weekends off
Could you support people with a physical or learning disability to live more independently? Would you like to make a difference that lasts long after the end of your shift?
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Care and Support Assistant to provide care and support to our residents at Avalon Court.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the right values to lead a team of Care and Support Assistants. Located on the Ipswich waterfront, Avalon Court has 14 self-contained apartments for adults with a physical disability or learning disability.
We are looking for an individual who wants to make a real difference in people’s lives and become a valued member of our team.
We provide a comprehensive induction programme as well as on-going training to develop new and existing skills and encourage progression. Sanctuary have their own Learning and Development Academy, who provide a wide range of training courses, open to all.
Sanctuary also has a great employee Rewards scheme, where you will be able to receive a variety of discounts from major retailers.
The role of Senior Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Leading a team of Care and Support Assistants, ensuring residents are being supported in the best way possible
- Supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities with every aspect of their day-to-day living
- Administering medication, ordering stock and repeat prescriptions and returning medication to the pharmacy
- Promoting safe practices and undertaking risk assessments as appropriate
- Managing and implementing safeguarding principles to ensure the safety of our residents
- Completing supervisions
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience of working in a similar role with vulnerable people is essential
- Previous experience supervising a team
- Patient and understanding with a caring disposition
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
- £10.47 per hour
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Made with Care’ campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign click here
Closing Date: 04 August 2022
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.