There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£17006 Per Year
Closing Date: 10/05/18
We are currently recruiting for a Practical Projects Session Tutor to join our Education and Skills Development Team at our Hospital in Cawston.
This Session Tutor’s role is about helping people lead lives that are as fulfilling as possible, through Woodworking and Arts & Crafts Sessions.
The ideal candidate will love working with people and come from a care background. You will have experience of woodworking and could be a DIY or Arts & Crafts enthusiast. A relevant qualification may be useful but is not essential.
Jeesal Cawston Park is an award winning independent specialist service registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We provide an individualised and comprehensive care pathway that leads to a smooth transition back to the local community or a service of supported living and greater independence.
If you are you looking for a meaningful career where you can make a genuine difference to peoples lives, then we would like to hear from you.
- The Practical Projects Session Tutor will assist in the provision of a wide range of activities, through Woodworking and Arts & Crafts Sessions, to interest and stimulate the physical and mental well-being of the patients and to improve their quality of life.
- You will plan, deliver and assess Woodworking and Arts & Crafts Sessions and liaise with patients, supporting them to choose projects.
- Ensure the main principles of care, namely choice, dignity, respect, empowerment, openness, transparency, person-centredness and privacy are reflected in all aspects of practice.
- There is a strong emphasis on teamwork for the post-holder, and they may be required to run alternative sessions from time to time and contribute to the organisation of activities outside of the semester timetable.
- Have relevant experience / training in Woodworking and Arts & Crafts and experience of working with patients in a hospital setting.
- Be objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our patients.
- Have relevant experience of working in a related health/social care discipline with Qualification in Care or as a Support Worker.
- A Disclosure Check will be required for this position and as it will involve travel, a Driving Licence.
Cawston Park Hospital is a private independent hospital based in Cawston in North Norfolk, near to the villages of Aylsham and Reepham.
The Hospital provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services. We have three main units which offer support in both locked and open rehabilitation. The units support people with learning disabilities who are experiencing distressed behaviour.
We have a number of single bespoke service provisions for people who find living with others difficult, together with flats where we support people to improve their independent skills prior to discharge.
£17K pa, Full Time, Monday to Friday, 0900 til 1700
(37.5 hrs per week)