There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 23/07/21
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide support for a 7 year old girl with physical disabilities so that she can enjoy family life.
Location: Carleton, Norwich
My daughter is a lovely 7 year old who is non-verbal and has some mobility difficulties, but can walk with assistance. She loves people and needs a caring person who can assist her with everyday tasks, including feeding and drinking and changing continence underwear, but importantly to play and enjoy outings. Her carer will work in school holidays and may accompany the family on outings as she also has a younger sibling.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Fun loving
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Some experience working with children
- Basic sign language skills.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 14 flexible/negotiable hours per week during school holidays.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.