There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 30/09/20
I am looking for enthusiastic, confident, positive attitude, flexible, friendly and reliable individuals to join me delivering a high standard of care and support working in my family home. I am looking for someone with common sense who can use their initiative and who wants to make a real difference to support me.
You would be responsible for working directly with me, provide a skilled and sensitive service to include personal assistance, emotional and physical care and maintaining and promoting independence.
Important is your aptitude and desire to make a difference. You will be a flexible person who can follow guidance as well as use your own initiative and able to build a rapport with me, my family and friends.
A full, clean UK driver’s licence is essential as you will drive my automatic vehicle.
An enhanced DBS certificate is a requirement which is paid by me.
The post operates a non-smoking environment at all times.
If you are flexible, friendly, considerate, helpful and going out of your way is second nature, then I want to hear from you.
No perfume or deodorant can be worn at any time, shampoo, conditioner and any other products that you use which is perfumed will have to be substituted with a non fragrance product, a fee will be paid to cover any out of pocket costs with a receipt.
I am a Young at heart, lady in Earsham looking for two Personal Care Assistants to share shifts.
The duties are varied, and no two days will be the same.
I have a variety of disabilities and needs in all areas so I can lead a normal life, the needs are varying from general domestic duties including shopping visits to attending personal care needs, medication refills and supporting me with other activities.
To undertake the tasks specified in a care plan which will include the following personal and social care tasks:
- bathing in bed/bathroom/chair to include all aspects of personal hygiene
- help with management of bladder and bowel
- help with dressing and undressing
- help with mobility and transfers
- ensuring medication is monitored and refilled
- ensure CPAP machine is clean and refilled
- ensure nebuliser has adequate medication
- ensuring I have adequate food and drinks for the evening/night
- assistance with therapeutic programme
- supporting me with my disability outside my home
- help with getting up and going to bed
- help with appliances (spectacles, etc)
- supporting care of skin, applying cream
- wash hair and dry
- assistance with shaving legs and arm pits
- care of pressure areas and prevention of sores
- care of mouth and teeth
- calling emergency services if necessary
- provision of emotional support to me
- provide support with hobbies & social activities
- domestic duties that are part of the care package:
- making and changing my bed
- preparing lunch/meals and washing up/Drying up/and Putting Away
- ensuring kitchen sink and bowl is cleaned
- ensuring tea cups & tea spoons are clean
- bins are emptied every day and left clean
- Holiday Pay
- Free Uniform
- Set working patterns
- Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible Hours
- A variety of work streams to suit skills and knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude and respectful towards others
- Motivated by making a difference
- Trustworthy individual
- Hardworking and reliable
- Good time keeping
Monday to Sunday: Various Hours available from 10.30am at £10.55 per hour
Total Hours per week: 32 hours per week split between 2 carers – two positions available
Shifts: Various days either 10.30am to 2.30pm or 5pm to 7.30pm plus 1 long shift 10.30am to 5.30pm. You will need to be available to work every other weekend. Rota is set one month in advance.
Extra hours will be available to cover the other Personal Care Assistant.