Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide support for young woman at day care centre and respite for family
Location: Stalham, NR12
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
I am a young woman with disabilities, meaning I need a P.A. to support me when I attend Daycare Centre and also to be with me on a flexible basis allowing respite for my family. This will include some overnight sleep-in support when my Mum goes away. I need personal care, including prompting to go to the toilet, and assistance with showering and dressing. I am able to feed myself but would require someone to prepare food and drinks. I’m verbally fine, and mobile, but can only walk short distances. I enjoy films and music, and love Elvis. I would like a friendly P.A. who enjoys a good chat.
· Friendly, positive nature
· Basic cooking skills
· Able to work flexibly
· Shared interests
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour for daytime care and a set £60 per night for sleep-in care
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 19 hours total per week daytime: 5hrs on Tues, Wed & Thurs, plus a flexible 4 hours to be agreed as and when needed. In addition there is provision for 21 overnight sleep-ins at a set rate of £60 per night, dates to be confirmed.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.