To provide domestic and personal care for lady with MS
Location: Northwold, IP26
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
I am a lady with MS who experiences left side weakness and fatigue, therefore in need of support to complete some domestic tasks, such has ironing and bed making, as well as meal preparation and some personal care. I am an independent person, who won’t let my disability take over my life. I am an animal lover and have 2 cats, and recently rescued a mare and foal, and most days go out on my mobility scooter to see them. I can walk, but only short distances. I would prefer a driver with own vehicle so that they could occasionally support me to access the community. I am new to the area and would like a friendly P.A. who can help me to familiarise myself with my surroundings. Because of the personal care element of this role a female P.A. would be preferable, and it would be helpful if they can help style my hair.
· Friendly, positive nature
· Shared interests
· Basic cooking skills
· Able to work flexibly
· Driver/Own Car with relevant business use on insurance
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 6 hours per week, over 2 days – Tuesdays and Fridays. Times can be very flexible and negotiated at interview stage.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.