Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a woman with sensory support needs with personal care, domestic tasks and accessing the community.
Location: Norwich, NR5
Duties to include:
· Support with personal care routines including dressing/undressing, managing toileting needs and showering.
· Domestic tasks to ensure my home is kept clean and tidy, including hoovering, doing laundry and changing bed linen.
· Support with preparing home cooked meals and batch cooking.
· Support with managing my medication stock and organising my medication into dosset boxes for the week.
· Support with transferring safely onto/off my stair lift and into/out of my wheelchair.
· Wheelchair handling.
· Supporting me to access the local community.
· Support to safely walk my dog.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Female personal assistant due to personal care element of role.
· Driving license holder.
· Comfortable working in a household with a dog.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 23 hours per week, working between 9am-5pm 3x a week.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.