Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support my mother with all daily living tasks, including personal care, food preparation and accessing the community.
Location: Norwich, NR6
Duties to include:
· Visiting first thing in the morning around 8:30-9:00am to support my mother with getting out of bed, washing or showering each day and washing hair as needed.
· Assistance with meal preparation throughout the day.
· Support with personal care routines including dressing/undressing, showering, applying creams and managing toileting needs.
· Support with domestic tasks to keep the home clean and tidy, including hoovering, doing laundry and changing bed linen.
· Assistance with accessing the community and enabling my mother to socialise to boost her wellbeing.
· Prompting to take medications as prescribed.
· Support with completing transfers.
· Support with caring for my mother’s pet cat.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover.
· Must be comfortable working in a home with a pet cat.
· Female preferred due to personal care aspect of role.
· Desire to form a genuine bond with my mother and make a positive impact on her wellbeing.
· Previous experience in a similar role preferred.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 18.5 hours per week plus additional holiday and sickness cover. Support is required on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, with 3x visits per day. Exact hours and times of work to be discussed at interview.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.