Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: To provide support to K, a 17-year-old girl with physical disabilities resulting from cerebral palsy. K does not experience any learning difficulties, her CP affects her speech, she uses her phone to communicate if not understood.
· Supporting K with showering, dressing and feeding.
· Driving K to college in Norwich on agreed days, using K’s wheelchair accessible vehicle.
· Providing companionship to K and helping her feel at ease.
· Supporting K with college work as and when required.
· Assisting K with her catheter, currently a suprapubic catheter, flip switch or a bag.
· Supporting K with age-appropriate activities such as shopping and cinema, & maintaining friendships
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· A full driving licence essential, K’s vehicle will be available for transporting her.
· Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
· Friendly and reassuring.
· Fun outlook without taking life too seriously.
· Patient, calm, understanding and willing to listen to K.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 20 hours per week, including daytime on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and every other Friday.
· The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.