Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide personal care support and companionship for a man with physical and learning disabilities
Location: Bodham, NR25
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
I am a frail man with some mobility and communication issues (awaiting diagnosis) and also have epilepsy which is well controlled with medication. I can walk short distances and am considering getting a mobility aid (Walker) for using outside in future. I am seeking a friendly personal assistant with good communication skills to support and encourage me to maintain my personal hygiene, showering and changing clothes regularly, and maintaining a healthy diet, as well as spending time with me to provide some domestic support and company. Initially this will just involve a regular home visit, however I would eventually like to be able to take short trips out. I like to listen to the radio and am keen on football, so would like someone who shares my interests and would be happy to chat with me.
· Friendly, positive nature
· Able to work flexibly
- Full licence and own car with appropriate business insurance
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: Total 6 hours per week, 2 hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, potentially adding a further 3 hours per week when I build confidence to go out. Times can be flexible and discussed at interview.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.