There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 01/10/21
Seeking a carer and right hand person, in NR2
As I’m a vulnerable person, you are part of keeping me safe from the pandemic. Therefore, you will still be taking precautions in your daily life, to avoid contracting and passing on the virus. If you feel you’re too exposed to this in your daily life, it will be impossible to keep both of us safe.
Your role will be to understand how I live my life and dovetail with me, to think ahead on my behalf as to what I need, in the way I need it, when I’m too unwell/non-cognate. To ensure I have everything needed set-up, when I’m surviving alone.
As my Personal Care Assistant you will assist me in all areas of life, personal care, competent in cooking from scratch, maintaining my home, assisting me to appointments/out, getting shopping and running errands and being a positive influence in my life. My time and energy is limited so I delegate wherever possible, with what time we have.
Some flexibility is required at times for changing life needs. You’ll be required to cover sickness, holidays and staff shortages, where possible.
£9.37p/h, holiday pay, refreshments and biscuits
Would most likely suit someone in the local area of NR2.
Please ensure you meet these Essential Criteria before applying:
* Pragmatic and efficient
* On the ball and conscientious
* Patience, with a dark sense of humour helps
* Reliable and responsible for a vulnerable person
* You listen and are solution orientated
* A genuine interest in healthy food and cooking from scratch
* A Genuine desire to help me progress and happy to get stuck in and help with various areas of my life
* Great spoken, written and auditory English skills – as I often have speech difficulties so it can be difficult to understand me
* Trustworthy and Confidential
* Driver desired but will consider non-driver
Before you apply, do take a look at my video:
An initial interview will be taken via Zoom (I don’t have the technology for FaceTime).