Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a young man with a mild learning disability to develop his independence.
Location: Rollesby, Great Yarmouth, NR29
I am a 26-year-old young man with a mild learning disability and autism, looking for support to develop independence skills, socialise, access work and leisure facilities and to maintain a habitable home. Some of my hobbies include gardening, agriculture, walking, IT, cycling and cooking.
Could you help me with:
· Planning and taking part in social activities and hobbies?
· Using local transport and facilities?
· Driving me to activities, appointments and my place of work when there is no public transport available?
· Building and maintaining friendships?
· Becoming more independent in my in my job role, by supporting me and providing me with reassurance and guidance?
· Developing my independence, encouraging me to cook healthy meals, maintain my personal hygiene and learn to budget?
· Cleaning and tidying my home?
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover essential.
· Previous experience working with, or awareness of autistic traits and behaviours highly desirable.
· Energetic, empathetic and patient approach.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: Minimum of 8 hours per week, with the opportunity to work additional hours on an ad-hoc basis. Hours to be discussed at interview.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.