To provide support to our 7-year old daughter who is dependent for all activities of daily living.
Location: Poringland, NR14
We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to care for and support our 7-year old daughter during school holidays. Your main role will consist or organising activities and recreational days out. Our daughter is friendly, happy and enjoys interaction. As a wheelchair user who is hoist dependant, our daughter is dependent for all activities of daily living.
We would like to employ someone who has had experience caring for children with special needs, so if you have a passion for working with special needs children we would love to hear from you.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Familiarity with gastronomy tube feeding preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
· Previous experience in a social care/personal assistant role highly desirable.
· Previous experience working with special needs children highly desirable.
· Driving license holder with own transport and appropriate business insurance cover preferred.
· Available to work during school holidays, with occasional weekend and evening work (planned well in advance).
· Enthusiasm for the role and passionate about working with children.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: Flexible basis, working daily during school holidays around 5 hours per day. This role will include occasional weekend and evening work.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.