There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 23/07/21
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job purpose: B is a 13 year old boy with a good sense of humour, who loves telling jokes and watching YouTube. B is on the autistic spectrum and your role will be to support him to access activities of interest to him.
- Driving B in your own vehicle and supporting him to enjoy activities of interest to him, such as swimming, bowling, cinema and sailing.
- Being vigilant to B’s safety at all times, as he is impulsive and has no sense of danger.
- Prompting B to use the toilet.
- Helping B to manage his money while out and about.
N.B – Please note that your employer in this instance will be B’s mum.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- An understanding of autism.
- Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
- Good sense of humour.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 6 hours every other Saturday and 3 extra hours per week during school holidays, hours to be arranged flexibly to suit both parties.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.