Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job purpose: I’m a lady in my 30s, with mobility difficulties and autism, needing an extra pair of hands with domestic tasks and personal care when required, and to support me to access activities of interest.
· Driving me in your own vehicle and supporting me to enjoy activities, such as swimming, walks in the park (using my wheelchair), shopping, visiting garden centres and attending appointments.
· Loading my wheelchair in and out of your vehicle.
· Domestic support including cleaning, laundry and meal preparation.
· Some personal care when I am particularly unwell, including helping me to eat and being available in case I need assistance to get in or out of the bath.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
· Able to work on your own initiative.
· Willing to attend training courses such as first aid.
· Willing not to wear perfume or use fabric conditioner on your work clothes, as I am very sensitive to strong smells.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: 4-8 hours per fortnight plus holiday cover for my other PA of an additional 4 hours per week, usually during school holidays.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.