There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 23/07/21
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
L is a fun-loving 10 year old girl, who loves people and enjoys hugs and cuddles. She has complex needs and a moderate learning disability, and your role will be to support her with personal care and to access activities of interest to her, in order to enable her parents to go out and to spend time with L’s older sibling
- Supporting L with aspects of personal care such as using the toilet and changing clothes etc.
- Supporting L to enjoy activities of interest to her, such as music, watching Tiktok, playing on her swings in the garden or riding her adapted bike.
- Keeping L safe while having fun. She is fully mobile around the house, but has a wobbly gait, so uses a wheelchair on trips out to the park and to access other activities.
- Putting L to bed on occasion.
- Dealing with behavioural challenges, such as tantrums, in a confident manner.
- Administering medication as required.
N.B – Please note that your employers in this instance will be L’s parents.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
- Experience of children with special educational needs.
- Confident in dealing with behavioural challenges.
- Willing and able to administer medication.
- Reassuring nature.
- Happy to work around a small dog.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: An average of 10 hours per 4 weeks, to be worked evenings and weekends, to be arranged in advance between both parties. It would be an advantage if you can work some Monday and Thursday evenings.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.