Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
This role is to support a very sociable young lady with cerebral palsy and a learning disability, who uses a wheelchair when outside of her home, by providing personal care, supporting her with daily activities and encouraging her independence in the home.
Location: Terrington St Clement.
· Personal care including supporting the young lady with toileting, dressing, cleaning her teeth, brushing her hair, washing and drying her hands plus other aspects of her morning routine.
· Driving the young lady in her own vehicle to or from day care or days out locally.
· Supporting the young lady to enjoy days out locally as required, including supporting her with toileting, preparing or assisting her to purchase meals and transporting her around the chosen venue at all times.
· Light housework including cleaning the young lady’s bathing area, general cleaning and ironing.
· Living in for approx. 2-3 blocks of 3-7 nights per year, to be mutually agreed, supporting the young lady with all aspects of her care to enable her main unpaid carer a couple of breaks throughout the year.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
· Full clean UK driving licence.
· Caring, compassionate and patient.
· Professional and attentive approach to work.
· Moving and handling training, ideally with experience of working in a homecare setting.
· Experience of administering basic medication including suppositories would be an advantage.
· Happy to work around dogs, as we have two dogs in the home.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour (8am-10pm) and an overnight rate of £80.80 (from 10pm-8am).
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: An average of 10 hours per week. Weekday hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8am-9:30am and 3:30pm-4:30pm. Saturday: 9:30am-11am. Extra hours to accommodate occasional daytrips and up to 3 weeks of live-in shifts per year.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.