There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 18/06/21
This role is to provide social support to T, a friendly, outgoing, sociable gentleman with an interest in football, motorbikes and aeroplanes, who has a moderate learning disability and type 2 diabetes.
- Supporting T to access activities of interest to him, such as visiting the library, museums or the pub.
- Supporting T to attend appointments.
- Driving T in your own vehicle.
- Assisting T to make sensible and healthy choices while out and about together.
- Highlighting any aspects of concern to T’s family as necessary.
- Prompting T to shave, wear suitable clothing etc.
- General tidying of T’s home.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Similar interests to T.
- Outgoing personality.
- Able to maintain professional boundaries as T can become quite attached to the people in his life.
- Some flexibility with working hours to accommodate appointments.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 16 hours per week, generally worked from 10am-2pm on a Monday and Friday, and Saturday and Sunday afternoons, with some flexibility to allow for appointments.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.