There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 18/06/21
Job Purpose: To provide care for S, a lady with Dementia, in her own home.
Location: Norwich NR5
Details: This role involves maintaining S’s care and ensuring her safety. Tasks will include supporting S with getting up, getting ready for bed and with her personal care, using a hoist and a stand aid. The role also involves feeding S and supporting with some domestic tasks. S has cognitive impairment, but is tactile and likes a cuddle. Although she may not be able to respond, S will love you to chat to her and has always enjoyed music.
May include other reasonable tasks, to be discussed.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Ability to use moving and handling equipment.
- Calm and patient.
- Flexible with hours and tasks of work.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 16 hours per week to be worked Saturday and Sunday from 10:30am-6:30pm. Potential for extra hours to provide cover when other employees, who work on weekdays, are on leave.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.