There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/05/21
To provide support to me, an active lady with visual and other impairments, to lead a full and independent life with my daughter and guide dog.
Location: North Walsham
As a mother to an enthusiastic and energetic daughter who has just started high school, I require reliable support to enjoy social activities as well as assistance with household tasks. I value my independence and privacy, but most of all I would like to take advantage of the kind of opportunities which other families might take for granted, like enjoying quality time with my daughter. When current restrictions allow, we enjoy swimming, walking, shopping, cinema and theatre as well as visiting friends and relatives.
May include other duties, to be discussed.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Family/Teenager/Dog friendly
- Flexible regarding working times including willingness to work during school holidays and occasional evenings and weekends.
- Clean Driving licence with a family sized car and appropriate business insurance cover, and happy to transport dogs and children in your car.
- Shared interests
- Computer skills to assist with things like Google Classroom and internet shopping
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £12.00 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 6 flexible hours per week to be worked weekdays during the day, including during school holidays, with some occasional evening and weekend cover required. Possibly additional hours when health needs require more support.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.