There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.01 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 27/11/20
Job Purpose: I am a female wheelchair user with MS and a tremor. I have a degree in music and French. Your role will be to support me to live independently in my own home. This post is to be shared by two people due to the requirement to cover 7 days per week.
Location: Lakenham (Norwich)
- Assisting me to attend to my personal care and with changing clothes.
- Supporting me with transfers, for which full guidance will be provided.
- Supporting me to prepare and serve a meal each evening and breakfast on a Sunday.
- Clearing up after occasional spills or when you have prepared a meal.
- Providing cover for my other PA, which will involve driving me to appointments and activities when required, supporting me with tasks while out and about, some domestic support and companionship.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Competent driver with the ability to drive my automatic vehicle
- Able to lower and raise a wheelchair ramp in and out of the vehicle
- Experience of moving and handling
- Calm and thoughtful
- Able to use your own initiative and be proactive
- Some flexibility with working hours
- Adaptable with work tasks
- An interest in developing your career as a PA
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 6 hours 15 minutes per week, to be shared between two PAs,, so please state your availability on your application form. The hours required are 45 minutes per evening (to be arranged to suit both parties, between the hours of 6-9pm), and 12-1pm on a Sunday, plus cover for my other staff. This can be discussed further at interview. The role is ideally suited to someone living locally.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please click on the web form link to complete the application form – http://forms.norfolk.gov.uk/service/DPSS_Application