There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 10/12/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: I’m a friendly lady living with my cat, who is very important to me. I have M.E and anxiety. I need support with housework, household admin, shopping, getting out and about and occasional hair wash.
● Companionship – I like fiction writing and art.
● Due to my M.E., I would like your support with planning and pacing activities to suit my energy levels on the day.
● Planning journeys and driving me to social activities and city centre shops, and to take my cat to the vets as necessary.
● Supporting me with shopping, both locally and online.
● Supporting me with decision making to help manage my stress levels.
● Housework including: cleaning, hoovering, tidying, laundry, ironing, hygiene clean of kitchen, washing up and meal preparation.
● Admin support to assist with post, phone calls and help on the computer including: letter writing, support with emails and using google search.
● Personal Care – occasional hair wash
● Any other reasonable tasks
***Please note that personal protective equipment will be provided***
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
● A calm, patient and empathetic personality with an understanding of anxiety.
● An understanding of M.E.
● Ability to undertake a supporting role
● Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
● Car owner/driver with appropriate business use insurance.
● Comfortable with planning journeys and to drive and park in the city centre
● Able to work around my cat and comfortable to transport her in your car in a pet carrier.
● Flexibility with working hours and tasks.
● Respectful of my choices and wishes.
● Able to take instruction and to work on your own initiative required.
● Able to prioritise your workload and efficiently manage your time.
● Good communication skills.
● Positive outlook.
● Experience in a similar role.
● The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour.
● You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
● Hours and times of work: 12 hours per week, mainly to be worked from late morning onwards on 3 weekdays, but with some flexibility required including very occasional evenings and weekends. To be further discussed at interview.
● The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
● A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
● Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
● Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of six months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.