Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support a gentleman with physical support needs with daily living tasks, personal care, food preparation, domestic tasks and accessing the community.
Location: Salham Toney, IP25
Duties to include:
· Support with personal care routines including support with dressing/undressing, showering, drying, and managing toileting needs. I can carry out some aspects of my personal care independently so your role will be to support as requested and oversee to ensure these are being carried out safely.
· Domestic tasks to keep my home clean, tidy and free from obstructions and hazards so I can use my wheelchair around the home.
· Support with preparing main meals that take my Type-2 Diabetes into account and help maintain my blood sugar levels.
· Support with going out into the community, going for walks and accessing facilities.
· Support with completing transfers as is necessary.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Understanding or awareness of memory and cognitive issues.
· Good command of English.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 9 hours per week plus additional sickness/holiday cover. Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday working 8:30am-11:30am.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.