Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide support to enable and older gentleman who enjoys engaging in lots of activities to get out and socialise and providing respite care for partner.
Location: Narborough, PE32
I am looking for a reliable and patient carer to support me to go out and engage socially, providing some respite for my wife who is my full-time carer. I like to go into Swaffham for coffee and go to the Escape Project, visit the library to chose talking books, and take part in art projects at Mind in Kings Lynn. My PA needs to be a dog lover who would enjoy walking the dog with me, and we are a smoke free household.
May include other duties, to be discussed
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Driver/own car with appropriate class of business insurance
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 8hrs per week at flexible/negotiable times, potentially 2 hours X 4 days. Plus there is a further flexible 20 hours per year for additional activities as and when required.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 1 month.