Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide support to an elderly couple with increasing support needs, allowing them to continue living in their home.
Location: Thurlton, NR14
We are an elderly couple looking for a Personal Assistant to join our team of carers to support with daily living tasks, enabling us to continue living in our home. We are very easy going and would like someone who is friendly, caring in nature and able to cook a variety of simple homecooked meals from scratch.
Duties to include:
· Personal care including support with dressing/undressing, bathing and managing toileting needs. All personal care to be carried out with dignity and allowing as much independence as possible.
· Domestic tasks to keep our home clean and tidy such as doing laundry, changing bed linen and vacuuming.
· Preparing drinks and home cooked meals. This will consist of preparing breakfast and leaving a plated lunch for morning visits, or preparing a dinner for the evening visit.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Must have your own reliable transport as we live in a rural community.
· Must be flexible, reliable and able to fit in with our existing team of PAs.
· Must be comfortable working in a home with a friendly pet dog.
· A sense of humour is welcomed.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £11.50 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 8 hours per week plus additional holiday and sickness cover as required. This will consist of 2x 2-hour visits in the morning, and 2x 2-hour visits in the late afternoon/evening across the week. Workdays can be flexible to suit the needs of the team of Personal Assistants providing support. Exact hours and times to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.