There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Terrington St. Clement
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 22/11/19
Job Purpose: Be part of a team enabling a disabled couple to live independently.
Location: Terrington St Clement, Kings Lynn
Details: The job is to enable two people with cerebral palsy to continue to live independently in their own home. They have 2 grown up children, cats and dogs.
You will need to provide personal care, prepare meals, make drinks and help at mealtimes, and support with general household chores.
Car driver would be an advantage, so that you can take your employers out shopping and on outings. They have their own vehicle that will be used.
This job role involves covering sickness and holiday for other members of the team.
You will need easy access to the Terrington St Clement area or live locally.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 16 to 18 hours per week (average) to be worked in 3-4hour blocks. Possibility of additional hours.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Flexible approach to work – what needs to be done may vary from day to day. (Will include some teatime and weekend work).
• Comfortable with animals.
• Easy access to the Terrington St Clement area or live locally to it.
• Car driver
• Previous experience in a caring role.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.