There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 29/05/20
Job Purpose: To support R, an easy-going teenage boy with cerebral palsy to go swimming and get out and about.
Details: R’s mum would like you to spend a few hours with him one day per week to enable her to give some attention to R’s younger sisters. R is 16 years old and he particularly enjoys swimming and generally getting out and about. He is non-verbal, but can make sounds to let you know how he is feeling. He requires support to eat finger food and to drink from a beaker or bottle. He will also need support with toileting and changing, and you will need to support him while in the swimming pool. R can walk short distances and needs assistance to use stairs. You will need to drive R in your own car if you are travelling longer distances. R does not exhibit any challenging behaviours at all, but he can become anxious in new situations. Full guidance will be given to help you get to know R and how to care for him.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Experience of caring for a person with a disability.
• Patient, kind and gentle nature.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate business insurance.
• Confident in a swimming pool environment.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 5 hours per week, ideally to be worked from 10am-3pm on a Saturday, however until September, a Thursday or Friday could be considered instead.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.