There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 27/03/20
Job Purpose: I’m a middle-aged man with a good sense of humour, living with my niece and dog in my own home. I enjoy fishing, gardening and have broad musical tastes. I have a brain injury, so would like your support with maintaining my home, keeping on top of my household admin and with shopping as required.
Location: Scoulton, NR9
Details: Assisting me to maintain my home including supporting me to clear unwanted items and to keep my home clean and tidy.
Assisting with admin tasks such as organising bill payments and general money management.
Helping me to complete the weekly shop when required – no driving is necessary.
NB – This job involves working with young people or children.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Patient and understanding nature.
• Good sense of humour.
• Experience of working with people with disabilities.
• Dog lover
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 5 hours per week, Ideally to be worked 11am–1:30pm Monday and Thursday. Some flexibility will be required as I may need to rearrange your hours from time to time if I have an appointment or am particularly unwell.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.