There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 09/04/20
To support a Norwich based Mum with her 8-month-old child and helping around the house across 3 days, 9 hours per week.
Location: Norwich, NR6
Your role will consist of supporting me with my son such as changing nappies and clothing and offering practical help while we are out of the house while shopping. I also require assistance around the house, maintaining the kitchen to a high standard and cleaning the bathroom. I may also require assistance with personal care such as showering and bathing.
Having had a stroke I have lost a lot of sensation in my left side and suffer weakness in that area, this has also led me to being quite fatigued at times. Having experienced this life changing event, I’m still an easy-going person who likes to go with the flow and would work well with someone with similar attributes plus a good sense of humour.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• able to carry out household tasks to a high standard
• someone who enjoys working with young children
• a good listener with a good sense of humour
• flexible in hours/times worked due to fluctuating need
• the ability to work under own initiative
• female due to the personal care requirements of the role.
• shared interests
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour, due to rise in April to £9.04 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: 9 hours per week, 3 hours per day on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday, exact times to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.