There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 03/04/20
Job Purpose: I’m an outgoing young man with learning difficulties. Your role will be to support me with meal planning and preparation, shopping and getting out and about.
To help with admin tasks such as opening and dealing with post, making phone calls, taking notes etc.
Assisting with meal planning, shopping and cooking.
To support me to attend appointments and social groups, and to access activities of interest to me.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Positive and outgoing personality
• Flexible with working hours and tasks
• Experience in a similar role
• Car owner/driver with appropriate business insurance for the role
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour, rising to £9.01 per hour from 01 April.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 7 hours per week to be further arranged at interview. Some flexibility is required with hours of work.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.