There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 27/03/20
Job Purpose: E is a young lady who enjoys drawing and painting at home and going bowling and to the cinema. E has a learning disability, so would love your support to access such activities.
Location: Norwich NR1
Details: E would like your support to do some cooking at home, as well as to enjoy arts and crafts and sitting and watching TV. She likes to get out and about shopping, visiting the cinema, going bowling etc. E is not able to walk too far so you will sometimes need to drive her in your own vehicle. E has epilepsy, which is under control but she will require assistance in the event of a seizure. When out and about, E requires some support to manage her money and also prompting to attend to her personal care.
Please note that the employer in this instance is E’s mother.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate business insurance for the role.
• Cheerful, outgoing and fun!
• Flexible with working hours
• Able to remain calm and give support in the event of a seizure (training will be given)
• Happy to work around a cat
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour, rising to £9.01 per hour from 01 April.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week to be arranged flexibly between you and the employer, however it would be helpful if you could work some Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.