There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 28/02/20
Friendly personal assistant required to provide support for a Mum living with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS/ME) and prolonged mental health issues, to help with daily life tasks.
I am a mother of an 8-year-old child, who requires support with everyday living, meal preparation and domestic tasks such as tidying the home, doing the washing and helping with the school run. I am also in need of help with various admin tasks so you may need to assist me with occasional paperwork, and assistance at appointments I may need to attend. Elements of personal care may be required at times; therefore a female worker is preferred.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• A passion for working with children.
• Car owner/driver with full UK driving licence.
• Experience of completing domestic tasks.
• Family Friendly
• Good Communication Skills
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour (to rise in April 2020).
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 16 hours per week, 2.30pm-6.30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position is 89.6 hours.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.