There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 17/01/20
Job Purpose: I’m a mum with disabilities, living in my flat with my delightful toddler son and our very friendly pug. I would like your support with domestic tasks, getting out and about and parenting to enable us to live independently.
Details: Your role will involve supporting me with all aspects of housework including cleaning, laundry including ironing, and meal preparation including batch cooking. I would like you to support me with aspects of parenting such as bathing my son, playing with him, taking him out to enjoy time on the beach, supporting us to go swimming and collecting him from nursery. If I’m particularly unwell or need to attend an appointment, I may ask you to care for him unsupervised. I would like you to take me out in your own car and support me to complete my weekly supermarket shop, and also to visit places of interest. I have a very friendly pug, and I would like you to take him for a walk when required. I would also like your support with home admin, such as dealing with post and phonecalls. Other tasks may be required, especially as our needs change as my son’ develops and depending on my health conditions, so you will need to be adaptable to this.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance for the role
• Adaptable to variable work tasks
• Able to be led by me, but also to work on your own initiative when required
• Good with children
• Easy going
• Comfortable with working around a dog
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 6 hours per week to be worked Tuesday and Friday from 9:30am-12:30pm.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.