There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 10/04/20
Job Purpose: R is a 66-year-old gentleman with autism, who likes to watch television and keep himself to himself and who doesn’t like a lot of noise. Your role will be to support R to live independently in his own home. Please note that this job involves no personal care.
Location: Norwich NR6.
• Supporting R to attend appointments and taking him out for a drive as required.
• Shopping for R as required.
• Meal preparation.
• Making sure that R has all he needs and that everything in the house is under control.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner driver with appropriate business use insurance.
• Quiet and understanding personality.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 3 hours per week to be worked on a Thursday from 10am-1pm plus extra hours to cover the absence of my other PAs.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.