There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 27/03/20
Job Purpose: I am a young man with autism, and I require help to get around and increase my independence skills. I live in a non-smoking household with one friendly dog.
Details: your role will involve supporting me to prepare meals, plan journeys, use public transport and integrate into society. Your role will also include some overnight support at my own home in order to give my main carer a break as I generally don’t sleep as much as a neurotypical person. This will involve encouraging me to go back to my bedroom if I get up in the night and ensuring my safety.
***Please note that this post involves working with children or young people. Due to my age, the employer in this instance will be my mum.***
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• An interest in the computer gaming sphere.
• Car owner/driver with full UK driving licence.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: Average of 3 hours per week but could be worked in a 6 hour block per fortnight. Evenings and some weekends will be required. Also 3 overnights per year from 10pm-8am.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.