There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 20/01/20
To assist with domestic tasks supporting lady with Fibromyalgia and personality disorder
Location: Weeting, Nr Brandon
Details: I am a lady suffering from Fibromyalgia which causes constant pain and mobility issues, as well as having anxiety/depression, however I enjoy arts and crafts and knitting, and it is important for me to keep my home clean and tidy. I adore my dogs, and therefore require a dog lover, and someone who will be resilient and encourage me to make the most of life. I am able to get out with the use of my mobility scooter and can walk short distances with crutches, but a car driver/owner would be an advantage. As I am dyslexic I would like someone who is able to help me with paperwork and who might be confident to communicate with professionals on my behalf. I would also require some help with some food shopping and meal preparation but I don’t need personal care as I am currently able to manage this for myself.
May include other duties as required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Good literacy skills
• Basic cooking skills
• Dog Lover
• Car owner/driver
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: 15 hours per week, Flexible/negotiable times
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.