There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 24/01/20
Job Purpose: To assist a lady with daily routine tasks and driving.
I’m a lady in my 60’s needing help with personal care and meal preparation.
Support will include help with washing and dressing and support in the evening to get ready for bed. Preparing a light breakfast which is usually porridge. I have my main meal at lunch time and I am diabetic so I have to be careful with what I eat. I usually have steamed vegetables with fish or meat. In the evenings I have something like a bacon sandwich or cheese and crackers. These particular times are important because I need someone to remind me to take my medication also.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Able to cook
• Able to work under instruction
• Good timekeeping and punctuality
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• Christmas Day and New Years’ Day are both paid at double time.
• Hours and times of work: Saturday and Sunday, 4 hours per day 9.30-10.30am, 12.30-2.30pm & 5.30-6.30pm. There can be a little flexibility with the hours so please contact me if you wish to discuss it further.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.