There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 17/01/20
Job Purpose: I am a chatty lady, living in my own home with my husband. I am a wheelchair user with no feeling down one side of my body. Your role will be to provide companionship while my husband is out and to assist with any domestic tasks required.
Location: North Norwich
Details: Your role will be to provide companionship including having a chat, making hot drinks, assisting with gardening and driving me in your own vehicle to places of interest to me, such as garden centres. I would also like your support with any domestic tasks required on the day such as wiping out the fridge or wrapping presents. You will need to be mindful of my safety due to my lack of feeling down one side.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver.
• Live locally.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 3 hours to be worked in one block on a Thursday or Friday at a time to suit both parties.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.