There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 17/01/20
Job Purpose: To support a mum with day to day domestic tasks in a busy family household and assist with attending appointments.
Location: Norwich, NR5
This role is to support a mum with depression, fibromyalgia and other painful conditions to maintain a clean and tidy home for her and her 5 children, and to help build her confidence to go to new places.
A personal assistant is required to:
• Carry out cleaning tasks such as dusting, vacuuming & cleaning the kitchen & bathroom.
• General tidying and putting things away
• Grocery shopping. There is a supermarket a short walking distance from the home
• Filling and emptying the dishwasher
• Laundry, ironing and changing beds
• Some light gardening
• Cooking – ideally with some knowledge of Asian cooking and/or the ability to follow a recipe and/or instructions.
• Supporting mum to visit new places (she is a fairly new driver and drives her own car)
• Supporting the mum to attend appointments
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Kind, friendly and chatty
• Respectful of confidentiality
• Experience of being or working in a busy family environment
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• Hours and times of work: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday approx. 9:30am-1:30pm
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.