There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 17/01/20
Job Purpose: I am a fair, friendly, happy lady with a good sense of humour looking for a Personal Assistant to join my team, who support me to run my home and get out and about. I enjoy listening to music and watching quiz shows on the television. I like a good game of Scrabble and looking around charity shops. I have MS and use a powered wheelchair. I have no movement in my body from the neck down, so require you to be my arms and legs.
Details: I require you to drive me in my adapted, automatic car to enable me to visit local towns to browse charity shops, go to the hairdressers and for lunch/coffee etc. I would also like some help looking after my plants in the summer and general day to day housework such as emptying the dishwasher, vacuuming and preparing meals. I will require you to empty my catheter bag during the day. You will also need to feed me my lunch and hold my cup for me, as I drink through a straw. I will provide full direction in how to complete these tasks, as I am very able to let you know my needs; my ability to communicate is not affected by my MS.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Confident to drive an adapted, automatic large car. You will need to be aged over 25 years to drive my vehicle.
• Similar interests
• Sense of humour
• Discreet and trustworthy
• Experience in care work, particularly with emptying catheters
• Flexible with working hours and days
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• The pay will be twice the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: Up to 11 flexible hours per week to be worked over 2 days. May include some weekends.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.