There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 20/12/19
To support a Cromer based lady with daily living tasks and to access the community for 19.5 hours per week, between 11am and 3pm, Monday to Friday.
I am an intelligent and articulate 40 something lady who has special needs. Despite this I lead a full and active life in and around Cromer. I require a thoughtful and understanding companion to assist me around my home with domestic tasks and meal preparation. I like to have a cooked lunch and following this spend some time around town – maybe just for a walk to the local church or along the seafront. I do enjoy shopping, but sometimes need to be reminded of what I am spending so may need to be guided by yourself. On occasions we could visit a garden centre or somewhere similar and enjoy some lunch together (expenses paid including mileage). I have several hobbies including arts and crafts, music, dancing and pastel painting; a similar interest in at least some of these activities would be beneficial. Family is very important to me as is my faith, which you will always need to respect. If you feel that you can support me to build my confidence and in turn broaden my horizons you may be the person for whom I am looking. Please note that my Father will be acting as employer.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• reliable and punctual
• able to carry out household tasks to a high standard including cleaning, meal preparation and bed making
• an empathetic nature towards people living with learning difficulties
• flexible in relation to hours/times worked as this may alter on occasions
• car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
• shared interests
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: 19.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, generally between the hours of 11am and 3pm
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of whom must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.