There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 28/02/20
Job Purpose: I’m a cheerful lady living at home with my parents. I love animals, the cinema and quiz nights! I am recovering from a horse-riding accident several years ago and currently use a powered wheelchair, which I am aiming to need less, if not at all in the future. I require your support with physio exercises to help me to aid my recovery, as well as transfers to and from my wheelchair, meal preparation and getting out and about.
• Assisting me with physio exercises.
• Supporting me with transfers and with aspects of dressing and undressing for me to use the toilet.
• Driving me in my own vehicle and supporting me to access interests, such as cinema, shopping and quiz nights.
• Taking me swimming – you will need to enter the swimming pool with me and support me to change.
• Providing companionship at home such as playing board games like scrabble and drafts, and going out into the garden to pick plants etc.
• Cooking lunches and making hot and cold drinks for me.
• Encouraging and motivating me to keep active and attend to my exercises.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Female due to personal care aspects of the role.
• Driving licence and aged over 25 to enable you to drive my vehicle.
• Fun loving, bright and cheerful
• Enthusiastic personality with commitment and determination.
• Animal lover.
• Confident in a swimming pool environment.
• An enjoyment of being out in the garden and with other similar interests to me.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 9am-1:30pm two days per week including a Saturday, occasional evenings by prior arrangement and sickness/holiday cover for my other PAs.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.