There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 08/11/19
Job Purpose: I’m a 59-year-old lady looking for support so that I can maintain my independence.
Location: Hoveton, Wroxham
• Getting out and about, accessing personal interests, and support with attending appointments.
• Help to go shopping.
• Some household tasks, such as a bit of ironing, meal preparation and any odd jobs as required.
• I have a Jack Russell, so being comfortable around dogs and being dog friendly is key. I’d like you to walk him for me.
• Any other tasks as required on a day-to-day basis.
I do encounter ‘brain fogs’ due to my condition, so I may not process information as quickly as I’d like to. You’ll need to be patient with me whilst I explain what I’m trying to say! I also experience falls so I need someone who is happy to react accordingly for which training will be provided.
I do not currently require personal care but as I have had several falls in the shower I’d like someone to be here while I am in the shower.
I do have epilepsy, although seizures are very infrequent. I will tell you exactly what to do should this happen whilst you’re with me.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• You must be a competent driver as I have an automatic vehicle, which you will be insured to drive.
• Female as I require assistance if I fall in the shower.
• Trustworthy and reliable.
• Able to remain calm if I experience a seizure.
• Previous experience of working in a similar role.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 20 flexible hours per week, Monday-Friday.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.