There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Tilney All Saints
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 18/10/19
Job Purpose: I’m a friendly lady with COPD and asthma, and my severe breathing difficulties cause me to feel weak and exhausted most of the time. I used to enjoy making cards, but now can’t concentrate well enough to do this. I can only walk a few steps unaided, so use a wheelchair when out of the house. I require your support and companionship to enable me to continue living independently in my own home.
Location: Tilney All Saints.
• Companionship, such as watching TV and chatting together.
• Assisting with household admin, such as filing and making/taking phone-calls on my behalf.
• Encouraging and motivating me to make my own decisions.
• Making snacks and drinks.
• Some household tasks, such as laundry and washing up when required.
• Doing my shopping and running errands for me.
• Assisting me to attend appointments, including driving me in your own car, lifting my wheelchair in and out of your car, and pushing me in my wheelchair.
• Assisting in the rare event of an emergency.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance, and a vehicle which can accommodate my folding wheelchair.
• Sociable and chatty.
• Flexible with work tasks.
• Able to work on your own initiative.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week comprising 1:30-3:30pm Monday-Friday with some flexibility required to cover my appointments.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.