There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 19/10/19
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide support to a Mother of two children assisting with household tasks, occupying the children and some personal care.
Location: Reepham, Norwich, NR10
I am a loving Mum to two happy and easy-going children aged two and twelve. I have several health conditions both physical and mental which can restrict my interaction with my children particularly in the mornings. Despite this I have a bubbly personality and am someone who enjoys the outdoor life. The assistance I require is listed below, the tasks each day dependant on my well-being that morning:
• Assistance with household chores
• Supporting my children with tasks such as bathing and homework
• Personal care
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Patient and understanding
• Experience in working with children
• An ability to assist with children’s homework
• Flexible in relation to hours worked
• The ability to carry out daily tasks to a high standard
• An understanding and empathetic nature towards mental health issues
• Shared interests
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: up to 5 hours per week, mornings and possibly some evenings. Exact times to be discussed at interview.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.