There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 11/12/19
Job Purpose: To support a fun loving, cheeky 15-year-old girl with learning difficulties with encouragement to access leisure activities in the community. ‘S’ is a very chatty and happy child, who is good company and has a great sense of humour.
Location: Kings Lynn.
Details: We are looking for someone with boundless enthusiasm and initiative to assist ‘S’ to make use of her home safely and maintain relationships and community connections and activities. Some element of personal care will be required on occasion.
This support will give ‘S’ an opportunity to build life skills and become more independent and to do things away from the family home, ‘S’ is a vulnerable young adult and therefore will need to be supervised at all times whilst out in the community. Training will be provided on this and will be held at the workplace.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• An understanding of children with learning difficulties and anxiety.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to show compassion and patience.
• Experience with behaviour that can challenge
• Enthusiastic and energetic.
• Consistency and reliability.
• Self-motivated and use their initiative.
• Driving licence.
• Experience of similar situations.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• The pay will be the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 4 hours a week, we are flexible with times and days and the work pattern will be discussed further at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.