There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 18/10/19
Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide support to a Father and his two children. Accompanying the family for a few hours away from the home in the evening and supporting with parenting aspects such as the children’s homework.
Location: Taverham, Norwich, NR10
I am a Father of two children aged 9 and 10. I live with a progressive brain injury that at times can cause me to become both depressed and anxious. To enable me to build my confidence and improve my mental well-being I require someone to support me with taking my children to the park or to other activities. Primarily this will be for two or three evenings a week and sometimes at weekends. I may also require assistance with parental support while the children undertake their homework. You will also need to build a good rapport with my other personal assistant who supports me during the day and if possible, cover further shifts due to sickness and/or holiday.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Patient and understanding
• Likes working with both children and our pets!
• Can assist with primary school level homework
• Flexible in relation to hours worked
• Outgoing nature
• Full clean UK driving licence and relevant business insurance.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 6 hours per week spread over 3 – 4 slots, to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.