There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 13/09/19
Job Purpose: To support our 6-year-old daughter, who has cerebral palsy, is keen to learn and loves messy play and having fun! She is partially sighted, a full-time wheelchair user, peg fed, and has very limited verbal communication, but can express her emotions in other ways.
Details: You will be working in the family home, sometimes unsupervised, to provide care and support to our daughter in order to give her some special time of her own, and to enable us to spend time with our other child. You will entertain our daughter through messy play, taking her out in the garden or local area in her wheelchair, and reading, singing and chatting to her. She is in her wheelchair most of the time but loves to get out to play on the floor. You will support with her physio exercises, for which guidance will be provided. In the future, when you feel more comfortable together, you will also attend to her personal care, using a mobile hoist. It is important that while working, you remain vigilant to our daughter’s safety and remain focussed on her needs at all times.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Bubbly, outgoing personality with bags of enthusiasm
• Professional and attentive
• A passion for working with children
• Female due to personal care aspects of the role.
• Experience of using a mobile hoist
• Flexible with working hours
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 250 hours to be used flexibly throughout the year during school holidays, weekends and evenings. During school holidays, hours will be generally worked in 3-4-hour blocks.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.