There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.46 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 16/08/19
Job Purpose: To provide assistance to a woman with physical disabilities to enable independent living.
Details: Your role will involve taking me shopping and swimming once a week, by driving me in my automatic, wheelchair accessible vehicle. You will support with personal care including showering. You will also assist with domestic tasks such as laundry including ironing, preparing light meals, some help in the garden, occasional cleaning, and bringing in wood in the wintertime. Plus, any other reasonable tasks as may be required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Female due to personal care aspects of the role
• Full clean UK driving licence with the ability to drive an automatic wheelchair accessible vehicle
• Adaptable to work tasks required
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week, to be further discussed at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.