There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 13/09/19
Job Purpose: I am a lady looking for a Companion to help me do the things I used to do and give me back some of my independence.
Location: Cranworth (7 miles south of Dereham, 10 miles west of Wymondham)
I am looking for a companion to help me on my journey with Alzheimer’s.
I enjoy knitting but find it difficult now I have Alzheimer’s. I also love gardening.
I like to walk my dogs, read, cycle, and go shopping. I enjoy cooking and baking but again, now find that difficult. I also like to go to my dementia café in Wymondham. I enjoy swimming but need someone with me.
I would also like to be able to visit my daughter and grandchildren who live fairly locally, but I am unable to drive any longer.
You will need to:
• Drive my friend and I to Wymondham dementia café
• Drive me into Dereham occasionally to visit my daughter
• Help me with domestic chores, cleaning etc
• Help me prepare family meals
• Be able to accompany me on dog walks
• Help me practice cognitive skills by playing memory games
• Help me practice/retain my writing ability
• Ensure I remember to eat my lunch
• Help me with my gardening if required
• Assist with any other tasks as and when required
I live with my husband and two older children, and we are non-smokers. You would be responsible to both myself and my husband.
NB – This job involves working around young people or children
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• A caring person who will support me and my family on this journey
• Qualifications, training and/or experience with Alzheimer’s/dementia
• Car owner/driver, with suitable business use insurance cover
• Good oral communication skills
• Comfortable working around dogs
• Experience in a similar role
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You won’t normally be required to work on a bank holiday.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm.
A job share will be considered if you are unable to commit to all the hours.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.